home › people
- capture and practical management of knowledge -- how knowledge is shared, acquired, transferred, and used as part of activities
- ethnographic studies of work practice in various professional work settings, including emergency medical practice and system engineers' project management
- Ph.D., Sociology, University of Manchester
- user experience designer, studies the use of technology in real-world contexts, specializes in using highly iterative design techniques
- tools that support lightweight communication and collaboration, mobile systems, and use of multimedia
- co-authored "Designing from Both Sides of the Screen"
- Ph.D., cognitive psychology, Stanford University
- leads PARC’s Innovation Services and ethnography business in Japan
- more than 20 years of business experience in design consulting, industrial and interface design, and consumer research including, usability testing and ethnographic studies
- Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial Design and Ph.D. in Engineering from Chiba University, Chiba.
show profiles by