home › people
- manages the Metamaterial Devices and Applications (MDA) group at PARC
- broad experience in program management, technology risk assessment, proposal writing, and technology transition
- expertise in photonics, electromagnetic theory, optics, and micro-/nanofabrication
- Ph.D. in Physics from the National University of Singapore
areas of expertise include metamaterials in the microwave band, wireless communication, transceiver architecture, sensor networks, power conversion, antenna design, and radar systems.
previously was the principal engineer for Accurate Electronics and an R&D engineer in the advanced development groups of Sony Ericsson and GE Radar Systems.
Bachelors degree in engineering, Syracuse University
has a patent for a compact satellite antenna
- applies PARC’s spatial modulation technology to outstanding problems in biodetection
- expertise include biophotonics, optical detection systems, and magnetic resonance
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences from the University of California, Berkeley; B.S. with Honors and Distinction in Physics from Stanford University
- 12 patents
- guided team that has developed laser diodes and light emitting diodes in the visible and UV spectral regions and made major contributions to fundamental understanding of the material and devices
- over 420 research papers in technical journals and conference proceedings and more than 50 patents
- Fellow of the American Physical Society and IEEE
- Ph.D., Princeton University
- developing new optical technologies in laser scanning, imaging, optical sensing, solid-state illumination, and solar concentration
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Stanford University; B.S. degree in both Physics and Mathematics
- 28 patents in optical systems, diffractive optics, MEMS, optical sensors, image processing, laser scanning systems
- manages the Energy Systems group
- experience encompasses the lifecycle of materials advancement: materials design, development, characterization, and manufacturing systems engineering
- Ph.D. and M.S., Mechanical Engineering, UC Berkeley; S.B., Mechanical Engineering, MIT.
show profiles by