home › people
- manages the Metamaterial Devices and Applications (MDA) group at PARC
- broad experience in program management, technology risk assessment, proposal writing, and technology transition
- expertise in photonics, electromagnetic theory, optics, and micro-/nanofabrication
- Ph.D. in Physics from the National University of Singapore
- semiconductor optical emitters: LEDs and lasers
- epitaxy, design, and fabrication of nitride-based visible and ultra-violet
- designed and built world's most densely-packed VCSEL array
- two best paper awards and 60 patents
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Cornell University; B.S., Physics, B.S. Electrical Engineering, M.I.T.
areas of expertise include metamaterials in the microwave band, wireless communication, transceiver architecture, sensor networks, power conversion, antenna design, and radar systems.
previously was the principal engineer for Accurate Electronics and an R&D engineer in the advanced development groups of Sony Ericsson and GE Radar Systems.
Bachelors degree in engineering, Syracuse University
has a patent for a compact satellite antenna
- applies PARC’s spatial modulation technology to outstanding problems in biodetection
- expertise include biophotonics, optical detection systems, and magnetic resonance
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences from the University of California, Berkeley; B.S. with Honors and Distinction in Physics from Stanford University
- 12 patents
- guided team that has developed laser diodes and light emitting diodes in the visible and UV spectral regions and made major contributions to fundamental understanding of the material and devices
- over 420 research papers in technical journals and conference proceedings and more than 50 patents
- Fellow of the American Physical Society and IEEE
- Ph.D., Princeton University
- leads client services sales and transaction team for all of PARC
- helps create new opportunities, shape and spearhead commercial partnerships, and enable the commercialization of PARC’s breakthrough technologies
M.S. in Intellectual Capital Management and a B.S. in Industrial Engineering and Management from Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, Sweden
- manages the Energy Systems group
- experience encompasses the lifecycle of materials advancement: materials design, development, characterization, and manufacturing systems engineering
- Ph.D. and M.S., Mechanical Engineering, UC Berkeley; S.B., Mechanical Engineering, MIT.
- computational electromagnetics (CEM), fast methodologies in CEM and electromagnetic theory; high performance computing and optimization techniques
- advancing Metamaterial team’s state-of-the-art CEM capability, and designing and optimizing metamaterial architectures for a broad range of applications
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Xi’an Jiaotong University, China
show profiles by