home › event - mobile monday - spotlight japan (hosted at parc)
Mobile Monday - Spotlight Japan (hosted at PARC)
16 May 2011
MobileMonday "MoMo" is an open community platform of mobile industry visionaries, developers, and influential individuals with the goal of fostering brand-neutral cooperation and cross-border P2P business opportunities through live networking events where participants demo products, share ideas, and discuss trends.
Hosted at PARC, the May 16 "Spotlight Japan" event agenda includes a VIP Mixer at 5:30pm, event registration at 6:15pm, and panel at 7:00pm. The event is free but registration is required.
The Japanese pioneered many aspects of modern mobile computing. Long before the smartphone era began, Japanese feature phones allowed users to surf the web, purchase and pay for train tickets, and play innumerable games, of course. With the advent of Apple iPhone and Android-based systems, the U.S. has assumed the leadership position in mobile, but Japan has not stood still. With many talented mobile developers and designers now free to build software for open platforms, the Japanese mobile industry is roaring back with novel innovations across the mobile landscape for both domestic and international markets.
Moderated by Scott Ellman of USAsia Venture Partners, the panel features presentations by:
- Hal Seki, Chief of Cirius Labs -- Cirius Technologies, Inc. (subsidiary of Yahoo Japan) provides a mobile advertising network called AdLocal for advertisers and advertisement agencies to deliver local targeted advertisement campaigns to mobile users
- Miku Hirano, Product Manager & Hajime Hotta, CTO -- Naked Technology, Inc. provides a cloud-based mobile application platform enabling developers to build apps running on both smart and feature phones with a single code base utilizing highly useful server-side utilities
- Takufumi Kawane, Vice President, Business Operations -- GREE is Japan’s leading social mobile game developer, and was ranked as Japan’s fastest-growing tech company by Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- Gary S. Brown, Director North America -- Morpho, Inc., which specializes in software image processing for mobile devices, licenses technologies such as image and video stabilization, panorama capture, and more to customers such as carriers, processing platform providers, and mobile device manufacturers
- James Spahn -- Nico Nico Douga (managed by Niwango, a subsidiary of Dwango), is an award-winning video-sharing website and the 13th most visited website in Japan
upcoming events view all
Designing for Longevity: The 10,000 Year Clock Project
30 June 2016 | George E. Pake Auditorium, PARC
Challenges in Formulating Explanatory Models for Co-morbidities
Danny Bobrow, Johan de Kleer, Matthew Klenk
11 July 2016
Conferences & Talks
From Good Intentions to Healthy Habits: Towards Integrated Computational Models of Goal Striving and Habit Formation
16 August 2016 | Orlando, FL
Conferences & Talks