home › event - the first annual great silicon valley oxford union debate
The First Annual Great Silicon Valley Oxford Union Debate
Conferences & Talks
19 June 2012
Santa Clara University - Mayer Theater
"This House Believes that the Problems of Tomorrow are Too Big for the Entrepreneurs of Today"
Water, energy and food supply, terrorism, Internet security – like world history, one thing after another. Tomorrow’s critical economic, social, political, and environmental problems are crowding into today. How will they be solved?
It will be an evening of persuasion, rhetoric and wit, as Churchill Club and Oxford University's Saïd Business School co-present an Oxford Union debate with a Silicon Valley twist on a big topic that matters to us all—with strong opinions on both sides of the argument.
Reflecting the centuries-old heritage, the President-elect of the Oxford Union from England will preside over the debate. Reflecting Silicon Valley, expect a high irreverence quotient. Both sides of the proposition will be rigorously argued, but the audience will decide who argued best!
Friends of PARC may register for a special discounted price of $25/ ticket using code "gPARC116".
- Master of Ceremonies: Scott Budman, Business & Technology Reporter & TechNow! Host, NBC
- Joe DiNucci, Professional Coach; Partner, Enabling Thought Leadership (Proposition Team Captain)
- Steve Hoover, CEO, PARC (Proposition Team)
- Richard Lowenthal, CTO and Co-founder, Coulomb Technologies (Proposition Team)
- Brian Sager, Founder, Nanosolar (Proposition Team)
- Michael Malone, American author, columnist at The Economist, Wall Street Journal, and New York Times, former editor, Forbes (Opposition Team Captain)
- Tom Hayes, Vice President, Corporate Marketing, Marvell (Opposition Team)
- Pat House, Co-founder, Vice Chairman, and SVP Strategy, C3 (Opposition Team)
- Santosh Jayaram, Founder & COO, Daemonic Labs (Opposition Team)
upcoming events view all
The Additive Disruption Summit: Strategic Impacts, Business Models, IP, Finance
Mike Kuniavsky, Janos Veres
25 March 2014 | San Francisco, CA
Conferences & Talks