about PARC Forum
PARC Forum is an invited speaker series we’ve been hosting since 1977. It's our free and open to the public platform for exchanging insights, and for building relationships, with leading experts in a variety of areas.
how to find out about talks
To find out about upcoming speakers, topics, and more, please subscribe to e-mail announcements or feeds. We also add upcoming talks at www.parc.com/forum, which also allows you to add individual events to your calendar.
how to watch online
We typically post talks (when permitted by the speaker) within 3-5 business days:
- on our website, which features many past talks organized by series, topics, and year (requires Flash-enabled browser)
- on our Slideshare channel, which enables embedding of videos on your site (and allows viewing on mobile devices such as iPads)
- we occasionally stream talks live via Justin TV
how to attend in person
Anyone can attend in person (minors may attend only if accompanied by an adult). The program is free, and no registration required. Seating is on a first-come basis: our auditorium capacity is ~250.
- When? PARC Forums are typically held on Thursdays, about twice a month. The Forum presentation, including Q&A, takes place from 5:00-6:00pm, with networking afterwards from 6:00-6:30. The entire program lasts from 5:00-6:30pm.
- Where? PARC Forum takes place in our George E. Pake Auditorium, which is located right off the stairs from our upper parking lot. Parking is available, for free, anywhere within our lots. Our building is located near the 280 freeway in Palo Alto, California. [driving directions and public transportation options]
how we select topics
Topics and speakers are generally chosen by employee coordinators, rotating through PARC's research and business organizations. We often curate themed series on specific topics of interest to us. These have included topics such as Cleantech, Ethnography in Industry, Future of Networking, Going Beyond Web 2.0, Invention and Innovation, Novel Electronics, OPEN, Risk Takers, Ubiquitous Computing: Mobility, and more. [view past and recent series here]
how we select speakers
Forum speakers are usually experts in their fields, ranging from science and technology to business and arts. Past speakers have included Nobel laureates, VC funders, a chocolate maker, futurists, radio personalities, and more. We want credible experts who can deliver talks that are interesting, thought-provoking, and not an advertisement for a single company or product (though it's fine to draw on specific data or experiences to illustrate points). If you have a speaker suggestion, please send us an email.
upcoming PARC Forums view all
Every Startup Can Succeed
Milton Chang, Managing Director of Incubic Management LLC
30 May 2013 | George E. Pake Auditorium, PARC
Design Thinking: The User in Mind
Hester Hilbrecht, Innovation Manager and Design Thinking Evangelist
20 June 2013 | George E. Pake Auditorium, PARC