Northern California Aviation History
This talk will be comprised of a brief history and evolution of this landmark California venue, highlighted by a recently produced promotional video. The presentation will span approximately on-half hour, with additional time for question and answer period at our discretion.
- Museum Volunteer
- Member of the Hiller Aviation Institute's Exhibits and Marketing Committees
- Registered Professional Engineer in California
- Was employed as a Design Specialist at Hiller Aircraft Corporation, Palo Alto from the mid 150's—mid 1960's and "doubled" in public relations activities.
- 29 years as Research Specialist with Lockheed Martin Space Systems Division in Sunnyvale
- US Marine Corps veteran
- has taught courses in the General & Computer Sciences Engineering Department of San Jose State University
- President & CEO
- Hiller Aviation Institute & Museum
- Since October 2002
- Grew up in Charlottesville, Virginia
- Education: A.B. College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA 1973; M.A. Duke University, Durham, NC 1976
- Gaston County Museum of Art & History, Initial Director 1976—1995
- High Point Area Arts Council, High Point, NC Executive Director 1998-2002
- Rotarian since 1977, Paul Harris Fellow, San Carlos Rotary Club
- Board of Directors, San Carlos Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Governor, American Decorative Arts Forum
- Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
- Grants panelist for Institute of Museum & Library Services
- Site Committee, American Association of Museums Accreditation Program
- American Association of Museums Field Consultant for museum assessments focusing on planning, marketing, and programs
- Live in Belmont
- Avid gardener, gourmet cook, now spending free time traveling to see my new home state
Our work is centered around a series of Focus Areas that we believe are the future of science and technology.
We’re continually developing new technologies, many of which are available for Commercialization.